I'm three quarters of the way through my year long tracking experiment and May sees an unexpected distribution of the expenditure on music related items (see pie chart below) with 38.9% of sales going on vinyl. I don't own a record player! Granted, I bought two records to give away as birthday gifts to my brother-in-law but I did buy one for myself. I guess I'm firmly in the demographic that
still buys physical media saying as digital music sales only accounted for 1.6% of sales.
How does this all break down in the bigger scheme of things?
May's total spend came in at
£48.73. This does include clothing/merchandise (a rather fetching
Sonic Youth - Goo T-shirt) so if we exclude that to focus on music only sales the figure comes in at
£35.74 (singles = £27.75; albums = £7.99) The total expenditure to date is
£1295.53 with the total for just albums and singles coming in at
£192.62. In my next blog post I'm going to look at which formats I've been buying most.
No comments:
Post a Comment