Given the recent success of the iOS and Android photo application, Instagram, there's been an explosion of interest in people using the service as the $1 billion Facebook acquisition received widespread media coverage. It seems like everyone is a fauxtographer now.
In the early days of Instagram (October 2010) the only way you could view your snaps was via the application itself but it quickly granted access to users' images via the API. Several different companies have been setup to take advantage of this access, offering a range of photo printing services or social networking services. I recall signing up to Followgram in order to check out my photos from a web browser. It's quite a basic 'display' service.
In the early days of Instagram (October 2010) the only way you could view your snaps was via the application itself but it quickly granted access to users' images via the API. Several different companies have been setup to take advantage of this access, offering a range of photo printing services or social networking services. I recall signing up to Followgram in order to check out my photos from a web browser. It's quite a basic 'display' service.
There are other services available. Statigram offers users quite a different proposition, including detailed statistics about your images (eg such as the most commented upon or liked photos) and it even offers links to a good range of printing services. You can have your photos emblazoned across iPhone cases, fridge magnets, posters, pillows and more...
Not everyone will want to print their Instagram images but they can be fun and playful, and even quite artful, so much so that there is a growing market for people looking to express their creativity beyond the digital context. However, the main problem I've encountered when looking for services to print Instagram photos are mainly to do with geography. All the services I've found (like Bumblejax or Hatchcraft) are US-based (eg Postalpix and Printstagram) meaning that costs to export to the UK make them unattractive.
So, if you know of any bespoke services dealing with printing or framing Instagram content based in Europe or the UK then I'm interested in hearing your views (leave a comment please!). There's an open question on Quora if you'd rather leave your responses there.
15 comments:
This is one of the best information here... Great and nice webside i like it so much.... carry on
interesting blog. It would be great if you can provide more details about it. Thanks you
Image Processing India
Good Knowledgeble posting. I gather more important things which are require in our
common life. Very important ! In this moment, i am very happy to see that.
I think i can solve my requirement. In this case, i feel proud for that.
May i therefore hope that, you would be grant also this site...
online printing
online printing services
online printers
New post! Need a way to display your instagram photos?
Several different companies have been setup to take advantage of this access, offering a range of photo printing services or social networking services. I recall signing up to Followgram in order to check out my photos from a web browser. It's quite a basic 'display' service.
The gist of the article is that by focusing too much on growing your Facebook fan presence at the expense of focusing on your own website and blog,
The NY Times Bits Technology blog has a good summary of the new terms and their impact on customers, so I won't repeat the detailed analysis here, but it boils down to essentially these huge privacy red-flags: click here
This is awesome, thanks for sharing! I've been looking for printing in Vancouver for my instas because I have so many cute ones I want to hang around my room.
Given the recent success of the iOS and Android photo application, Instagram, there's been an explosion of interest in people using the service as the $1 billion Facebook acquisition received widespread media coverage. Chicago printing service
I am impressed by the details that you post on this site. It reveals how nicely you perceive this subject. Thanks
Likes tremendously greatly enhance the popularity of one's respective web site and with the right volume rely; a lot of individuals might be drawn to your account. The providers which offer these services, will source you with non-automated or robotic likes and provide you with genuine buy likes on instagram. The nice issue regarding this is usually that they're at once delivered inside your account as a result you wouldn't have to attend that an excellent offer. And if you're a smaller small business, escalating your Instagram likes will almost certainly be valuable.
I love my Instagram pictures! I'm really excited that they came out with a way to print them out. I recently got married and I really wanted to print all the pictures people posted on Instagram of our wedding. Are most printing services able to print Instagram photos? http://onaprint.com.au/services2/
This guide may also help you print photos from iPhone.
Post a Comment